Thursday, September 10, 2009
Present help!
It's been a while since my last post. I've been busy. I'm still trying to figure out how to balance school, my family, and my church calling. Not to mention the vocal performance program has been intense to say the least. I am loving school, though. Anyway, since I really don't even have the time to blog right now, I'll make this quick. What should I get Makenna for her bithday? I seriously have no idea. Let me preface this by saying that Barbies, jewlery, nail polish and stuff like that are out for me. I'm funny about wanting Makenna to stay as far away from that super girlie stuff for as long as possible. I want her to be my little baby girl and I figure that those images of what makes you "pretty" will bombard her enough as she gets older. That's just my thing, totally OK if it's not yours. I also don't want just another run of the mill toy that will be broken or lost in a few weeks. Can anyone think of a fun gift that doesn't fall into those catergories? HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I got Dagen this great bubble maker machine at Target. It foams up the bubbles at bathtime. I also got her a cat piano you can see on the post on my blog not too long ago. She loves it. It has a little microphone on it and records her playing the piano. Anyway, there's some ideas for ya.
We got Elizabeth a kitchen I don't know if she already has one but Elizabeth loves hers.
When Teya turned 1 we got her a big ceramic piggy bank with her name painted on it. At the time she didn't know what it was but every time we had change we made a big deal about giving it to her so she could feed it to her piggy. Now she LOVES the piggy and gets giddy when she finds money to put into it. We've also taken money out of it to use in gumball machines and such so she totally gets that money in piggy=stuff she can buy later. Anyway, it's not like a toy or anything but it's teaching her to save money and she totally loves it!
I had no idea you felt so strongly about this... I would have liked a response to my ear piercing post :P
Get her some learning toys... leap frog has has some good ones.
I love little people. If you don't have any you should get some. they are perfect f0r this age.
Hope you are hangin' in there with your crazy busy life right now. Love you lot's and can't wait to hear about everything when we see you next month.
I Love these websites for children's toys http://www.threesisterstoys.com/
and http://www.blueberryforest.com/
good luck!
I have to totally second "beccarigg"'s comment about the piggy bank. SO WONDERFUL in teaching money management, both of my girls have their own.
Also, you can never go wrong with BOOKS! I try to find stories that I loved as a kid and pass them along. Every book is an investment in your child's intellect and creativity.
Good luck!
Post a Comment