I thought it was about that time again.(:
#1 My kids ate chips for breakfast today.
#2 I have read roughly 2 out of like 20 chapters of my Music Civ book this whole semester.
#3 I almost never actually do Makenna's hair. I mean, I brush it, but I have loads of cute bows in my bathroom that I never use. I also refuse to cut it because I am weirdly emotionally attached to her hair (especially the adorable soft curls at the end) and I don't think I could handle seeing it get butchered.
#4 I still have no intention or desire to potty train Makenna. She's not ready, and really, diapers are a pretty great. She's not 3 yet anyway...right.
#5 I did nothing exciting for St. Patrick's Day. No green anything. My kids probably didn't even know it was a holiday. I want to be that mom that does cool and amazing stuff for every holiday, but I know I'm just not.
I'm sure I could go on but I have 2 weeks left of this semester and I really should be reading my Music Civ book.(:
8 comments:
I love reading your confessions because it makes me feel better! I didn't do anything for St. Patrick's Day either. I haven't started potty training Kaden either. I let my kids eat chips and cookies all the time. We watch WAY too much TV. I have tons of bows and cute hair stuff for Lily that I never use (partly because she doesn't have hair). Some days my kids stay in their PJ's all day. Ahh..it does feel better to share that!
But you are also going to school which adds a whole lot more stress. I think you're a wonderful mama!
What a great post. I have to agree. Liv had no idea what St. Patrick's day was or April Fools. I guess we hit up Halloween, Christmas, V-day and Easter.
Liv has curls too!! And my sister-in-law said that if you cut all the curls off it won't grow back curly. I'm so worried about cutting of Liv's curls that I barely trim it.
I'll take you as a mom any day of the week!! Love you! And Happy Birthday! You are three years older than me for another 23 days!
You are getting so old!:) Just joking.:) Happy Birthday! And I hope you have had a wonderful day and that you have a wonderful year, before you hit the big 3-0!
Love you-
Amy
P.S. I enjoyed reading your "Mommy confessions.:
Yep, I can say pretty much the same thing for all of those. My kids ask for Ramen and butter noodles for breakfast. Hey, food is food right? ; ) I also rarely do my girls hair because even when I try it gets messed up 5 seconds later, and I also haven't weaned Brinley from the bottle and she is 21 months! We all have mommy confessions, but you're still an awesome mom!!
btw: I was listening to that song, "Oh that I were an Angel" (not sure if you've ever heard it) But all I could think was how amazing it would sound if you sang it. Miss your gorgeous voice!
I loved reading this!! I had to giggle. Love your confessions!
Brooke, what has happened?? Your parents were perfect. Right?? Just kidding, you know that. You make me proud and you make me cry. What a combination. I love you and think you are an amazing Mom.
I am the "giving the Mom a break" angel, and today is just such a day! If that is the worst of your confessions, you are a normal, A+ Mom. Who cares about Music Civilization down the road? Love you forever!
Post a Comment