Monday, May 3, 2010

I Love My Mom Because...

She was courageous. She was positive. She showed us everyday how much she loved my dad and us kids. She had a good sense of humor right up to the end. She was calm and level-headed. She was smart and confident. She was pretty in a non-fussy sort of way. She was a great teacher. She had gorgeous eyes and hands. She loved to be with her family. She always saw the best in me. She adored, truly adored Parker. She was the best grandma ever. She was faithful. She had a quiet strength that I didn't know I depended on so much until she was gone. She lived a life of service. I knew she loved me without a doubt. She still comes around when I sing to let me know how proud of me she is. I always want to make her proud. She'd drop everything to help me when I needed her. She still does. She's my mother for always. Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

You are making me cry... What a beautiful post. Your Mom sounds like one great lady. Love you!

Meggen said...

What a great mom! The amazing thing is . . . you are so much like her! And, someday, your kids will say the same things about YOU! ;o)

Tammy said...

Love you. Thanks for sharing that. I also love that cute picture of Parker. Precious! Happy Mothers day to you.

The Brannon Family said...

I miss her... lots!

Dawn said...

Such a sweet post!
Your mom was soooo kind. She ALWAYS came to the family bridal or baby showers and parties and wanted to know how we were doing. She cared. She was so thoughtful.
You and your sister are JUST like your mom. She would be proud.
I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day. Not an easy day, I know, but I hope you can peacefully enjoy the day. :)

idaho amy said...

I love that picture of your mom--her eyes seem to shine! She is beautiful, inside and out!