It's official...I have 2 little munchkins! It still weirds Andrew and I out to think that we have more than one. I am recovering well from my c-section and Makenna is doing well too. She has some trouble at night, so Andrew and I spend most of the day in a sort of a haze, but this too will pass. I think she has some of my mother's features, but the same mouth and chin that Parker had. She's not quite the cookie cutter image of Parker that I had imagined her to be, but so beautiful! And, yes she was 9lbs. 9 oz! Obviously, the gestational diabetes that I had with Parker returned this pregnancy even though I passed my glucose tests this time. I wish my mom was here more than ever, but I guess that will never change. I feel a part of her whenever I look at Makenna, knowing she was so close to my mom and Bri just a few days ago. Parker loves her and is always patting her head and giving her kisses. He is such a gentle, sweet little boy and will make a great big brother. We are very blessed!



3 comments:
YEAH!!!! Welcome Makenna!! What a beautiful little girl. And I have no doubt that your mom is there, as close as she possible can be.
Love you all!
Kim
She's a beauty!! Wish I could be there to hold her! Many congrats to you all!! Love you! Janet
Post a Comment