Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

We had a really great 4th of July this year. It was my first 4th of July in UT in I think 8 years and Andrew's 1st in 10 years. Andrew was really excited to see the Freedom Festival parade. He grew up in a house just off the parade route, so it was tradition for his family to go every year. It was fun to go with the Barnes and see many of the neighbors that Andrew grew up with and a few of his good friends since childhood. The kids were so good during the parade! They loved it. Then we headed to Andrew's sisters for a bbq. Parker and I got addicted to Rock Band and we just hung out and enjoyed being with family. Parker was super into the fireworks this year. His inner pyro is coming out, I guess. It took Makenna a few minutes to get used to all the loud noises, but she ended up liking it too. I'm so glad to live here in the US. It truly is the best place in the world!









2 comments:

idaho amy said...

I love the pictures of Parker playing Rockband! So cute--especially the one with his tongue hanging out while he is playing the drums! And Makenna looks so grown up! She is a doll!

That is cool that you got to go to MJ's memorial! You are one lucky duck!

Tilleea said...

Parker playing the guitar is awesome!