Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley


Sadly, our beloved prophet, President Hinckley passed away tonight. Andrew and I were taken by surprise at the news. Although, a few weeks ago in our stake conference, Elder Holland spoke to us and in his talk he mentioned more than once that Pres. Hinckley was very sick. He said basically, "he's a very sick man, but he gets up everday and goes to work". What an amazing example of devotion and tireless service. He is the only prophet that I really remember. His loving words of guidance have lead me through my teen years and into my adulthood. He was aways sweet and funny and had such an endearing personality. I loved to hear him speak and bear his powerful testimony of Jesus Christ. I take joy in the knowledge that he has been joyfully reunited with his wife and has entered into the rest of the Lord. He truly is a prophet of God and a wonderful man. I will miss him dearly. I love you President Hinckley! Thank you!

1 comment:

Meggen said...

This is a very sweet tribute, Brooke. Thanks for sharing your feelings and thoughts.