
So Parker's new favorite movie is The Land Before Time. He is big into dinosaurs right now and we watch that movie like 2 times a day. I would venture to guess that just about anyone around my age can still quote most of this movie. I know I can. "I smell...I smell...Ducky?" Ah, good stuff. Anyway, EVERY SINGLE time Littlefoot's mother dies, I bawl my eyes out. It's just not right to put a motherless women through a pity party bawl-fest twice a day. Not to mention my son probably thinks I'm a little crazy (if he didn't think that already). It probably doesn't help that my mom's birthday is Nov. 1st and she died Nov. 3rd. Double whammy coming up for me pretty soon. So, the point of this post. Do cartoons have it out for mothers? Think about it. Aladin=no mom. Bambi=mom dies. Cinderella=mom dies. Beauty and the Beast=no mom, etc... I could go on, but Makenna is crying for me in her crib. It's weird though, right?
8 comments:
"Don't step on the cracks, or you'll fall and break your back" right??
Nemo, little mermaid, beauty and the beast...man I never realized.
very true.... never thought of it before. I cried when I watched it with Parker last week as well. Thanks for dinner on Sunday!
I have noticed this and felt the same way, too. After all, it's moms that raise the kids most of the time. And let's face it, most step moms are not as creepy as the cartoons make them out to be. we NEED THE PRESENCE OF THE FEMININE IN OUR CHILDREN'S LIVES. Mom Barnes
It doesn't get better with the older kids' shows either--Hannah Montana's Mom is dead (although she sometimes appears in dreams and such as Brooke Shields), and the kids were watching a new show on Disney called iCarly--there is no Mom (presumed dead)--Carly is being raised by her twenty-something brother. Interesting . . .
Yes there is a consipiracy. I really don't like disney and a lot of other cartoon companies these days because they push adult themes on children all the time. One of my favs. is Monsters Inc, because they don't seem to do that. I loved the pictures of you kids. so cute.
I never really thought about that but I think you might be on to something. I didn't realize that your mom's birthday was the same day as our wedding. I think that day will always be special for both our families.:)
yah, and where is the dad in Toy Story? It's like Disney is promoting single parenting!! *lol* just kidding.
I couldn't agree with you more on the whole mom thing.
The children were super excited to see the new "Ariels begining" so we rent it from red box, and it starts out all cute when Ariel and her sisters are babies, their mom sings to them and everyone is happy and then out of no where the mom gets killed... what's up with that? I guess I should have expected it since she's not in the little mermaid movie but come on, really!!
Post a Comment