Monday, November 10, 2008

100th Post

I think you're supposed to do 100 things about you for your 100th post, so here it goes...

1. I only dust like 3 times a year.
2. I don't like Oprah.
3. I only buy my kid's clothes on sale.
4. I look up to the women in my family and Andrew's family a lot.
5. I love making lists for things.
6. I wish Parker would eat more.
7. I always look forward to when Andrew comes home from work or school.
8. I love the comb-over, mullet hairdo Makenna is sporting right now.
9. I have 2 sisters that I love dearly.
10. My sister, Jamie, is my best friend.
11. I love having a backyard.
12. I love Washington state.
13. I've learned to love cooking.
14. I probably let my kids watch too much TV.
15. Jane Eyre is my all-time favorite book.
16. I love to read, but don't do it enough anymore.
17. I have ugly feet.
18. I have a hard time forgiving people and I don't like that about myself.
19. Watching my kids laugh and play together makes me more happy than I can explain.
20. I hope they will always be that close.
21. I love to sleep in, but I don't remember the last time a did.
22. It took us almost three years before we were able to get pregnant with Parker.
23. He is a miracle baby and we defied the huge odds against us to have him.
24. So is Makenna.
25. I know that they were both sent to us at the times we needed them most.
26. I love that my kids look just like their daddy.
27. I would love to adopt internationally one day.
28. I love to sing.
29. I love to talk about my kids because I adore them.
30. I have wonderful parents.
31. I look forward to 2pm when the kids both go down for a nap and I have some me time.
32. I am scared to death of getting cancer.
33. I think my husband is one of the most hardworking guys out there.
34. I also think he's one of the cutest.
35. I make funny faces when I brush my teeth.
36. I'm still a little afraid of the dark.
37. Costco strawberries the tastiest things around.
38. I don't like unloading the dishwasher.
39. I think Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer of all time.
40. I also think he's scary.
41. I know the words to most of the songs on the radio...just ask Andrew
42. I love my kids long eyelashes.
43. I really don't think I could handle another baby.
44. I feel a little guilty about that.
45. I miss my mom about 100 times a day.
46. I miss my sister too.
47. I am so grateful to have had them in my life.
48. I belive they have both shaped and molded me into a better person.
49. I would do anything for my sister.
50. I have an unshakable testimony of my Savior and of the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
51. It is the guiding force in my life.
52. That's all I can think of and probably more then anyone wants to know about me anyway.(:

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke,

i agree with you i don't like Oprah either! I also miss your mom.

Lisa ( from Cali)

Lauren said...

How do you know when you have had 100 posts? Did you count them all? I don't know if I am willing to do that :) By the way, I love you new template, it is way cute! You know people might come after you because you don't like Oprah. She pretty much has her own following. People seriously base their life decisions off of her advice. May be you should give her another try??? Okay, maybe not. Love ya!

Tammy said...

Aaaawww! Miss you guys tons!

Jamie Densley Fieber said...

Keep the list coming chica! It's fun to read!

The Brannon Family said...

I loved your post.
I do love Oprah, but don't base my decisions on her opinion.
I know a lot of people who can't stand her.
So WON'T come after you for not liking her.

I very much miss your mom and your sister!

I love you even more than I love Oprah, A LOT more!

:-)

Shelley said...

I loved reading that! You are a great friend, and a great person. I wish we all still lived close.

Danielle said...

I hate Oprah too...

Janet Stevens said...

Since we're all weighing in . . . I am indifferent toward Oprah--don't love her, don't hate her. I never watched her show regularly, and I seriously can't remember the last time I caught one. It has been years. Loved your post--would love to see you post another 48 things! And, of course, I love you!

Santiago and Emily said...

That was really fun to read Brooke!

Since everyone seems to be weighing in, I like Oprah, don't love her. And I definitely don't base my life on her and I do think its a little strange that some people do...really strange actually.:)

Hope you guys are doing well. Miss you!

Jenny said...

Hey, I went private so I need your email address so I can add you! My email is jenspace@yaho.com

Shelli said...

I enjoyed reading this post and learning more about you. I would like to see the rest of the list. Are we still on for Thursday? I will leave it up to you and Jamie on where we are going. Just let us know the plans.

Tilleea said...

For a second I thought I was reading my own blog. We must be blog twins! I don't think I could've made it to 100 either.

By the way...who's Oprah?! ;-)

Chrysanthemom said...

Love the post Brooke! So fun to hear so many things about you.

Trudy said...

Brooke, I loved the personal insights into who you are. We love you so much for being in our family. What a task that is! You do have a beautiful set of kids, and you are a great mom. Thanks for taking good care of them everyday, and loving our son so much. Blessings on your life each minute! Mom Barnes (Trudy) I know I am not your birth mom, but love claiming you are one of our precious children.