Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Haircut by Parker

It happened in the one minute that I was in the other room on the phone and Andrew was in our bedroom. One of the classic sibling experiences. Parker cut Makenna's hair. I'm not sure what possessed him in that moment to get his safety scissors and give Makenna a haircut? Maybe he's been planning this for a while and he saw his chance and decided to go for it. He didn't even have his scissors when I left the room. I don't know, but it happened. Makenna came walking into our office hair all over her pajamas and at first I thought she had somehow pulled a chunk out. Then I saw Parker with the scissors, cutting the hair off a stuffed animal horse and standing in a small pile of little blond locks. He looked so ridiculously guilty. It was hard to be too mad at him, because it was just so funny. The damage isn't too bad. Most of the hair he cut was under her longer hair, so you can't even tell right now. We'll see how pigtails go today. One of his socks also got caught up in the carnage. Note to self, keep the scissors HIGH up from now on!


5 comments:

The Brannon Family said...

I want to see the haircut!

Brooke B said...

Yeah me too! Every kid has to do it once! Dougs # is 368-6304

Bethany said...

I think its a phase, I swear i wanted to cut all the hair off my dolls and stuffed animals till i was like ten.

Tilleea said...

Oh no! If my boys cut off even one, of the like 3 hairs, on Jae's head, I would be devastated!

Santiago and Emily said...

He went to town on that sock! Poor Makenna!!