Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

We went out to the cemetery Sunday morning (hence the reason my kids are still in their pjs) and the kids got to draw pictures for grandma Stephanie on the cement around her headstone. They really got into it and even drew some pictures for my sister Briana too. It was nice to be there together honoring my mother. It was actually a nice day. I pretty much kept it together. Andrew cleaned the whole house for me Saturday night and gave me a cute new shirt and some shorts. He is always so thoughtful and I love his sweet, simple gifts. We had Andrew's parent's, his brother, and a friend of mine who's husband is in Iraq over for dinner. I love Andrew's parents and it was wonderful to spend the day with them. Later that night I couldn't sleep so I watched the video that I made of my mom for Parker before she got really sick. I loved hearing her voice again and seeing her beautiful smile. I sure do miss my mom more than I can explain, but it's worth it to have loved her the way I do. I am so lucky to be a mom myself and have two of the sweetest kids I could ever hope for! I guess it's all about trials and blessings in life and as a mother.


2 comments:

idaho amy said...

What a sweet way to honor your beautiful mom on Mother's Day! And it is also a day for another amazing and wonderful mom--YOU!:)

Thinking of you and sending lots of love!

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing those sweet memories of your mother. She was a wonderful woman, I wish I could have known her better. Hope you are hangin' in there with everything. Love you lot's!