Monday, May 4, 2009

Motherless daughter get together?

You guys know who you are and I'm pretty sure that most of you read my blog so I'm posting it here. I was thinking about Mother's day and how difficult that day can be. Then I was thinking about how much all you ladies have helped and lifted me and I thought that maybe we could all get together this Saturday night and go to dinner or something? Just chat and be together and support each other. What do you think? No worries if it doesn't work out, I'm just throwing it out there.

4 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

Brooke,
Holy cow! It's like an ANSWER to my prayers. I have been DREADING "THE" day for the last 2 weeks. That sounds so great. My dad and sister and I are going to my mom's grave that afternoon, we are leaving around 3:30 or so...we will be back by maybe 7 or so. Maybe I could meet everyone for dessert, or we could totally come to my house, or wherever. Thinking of you this tough week girlie, and I TRULY hope we get the chance to REALLY meet.

Brooke said...

Adrian,
Yay! We are on for Saturday then. I'm fine with 7. I think most of us have kids so I bet everyone else will want to do it a little later too. I'll give it a few days to see if anyone else would want to come and then we can start making some plans. I'm so excited to finally meet you! Something to look forward to in all the yuckiness of this week.(:

amanda said...

I wish I could be there. I too am dreading the day. I will be in town next week but Mother's Day will be over by then. And I think I will be glad that it is over and done:) Have fun!! I will be thinking of you all.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry you can't be there too, Amanda. I was wondering if you were going to be in town. My sister and I will be at the shower, so at least we will get to see you then.
Adrian-It looks like it's you and me. What would you want to do? I'm up for anything. Just dinner or just dessert, or both.(: I'll email you too. I think I have your right email address. Just in case, mine is brookedbarnes@gmail.com so if you don't hear from me just email me.