Thursday, July 9, 2009

I went to the Michael Jackons memorial!

It's true! I went! It all started when my friend, Reagan, asked all of her friends to enter their email addresses into the lottery for the memorial tickets. I did and thought, that would it would be fun if I won. After 1.6 million people also entered their names, I was pretty sure that there was no chance of me getting picked. But sure enough, Sunday afternoon I check my email and I had scored tickets! I ran in an told Andrew, who thought it was a scam! I took Reagan because she was the reason that I won the tickets and she's also an MJ superfan. I flew in Monday night, It was so wonderful to spend the evening before with my sweet, handsome, amazing brothers-in-law, Spencer and David! Thanks for having us you guys! Then the next morning we were out the door by 7am to make the memorial. That part was crazy! Helicopters and media were everywhere! Lots of lines and hoards of people. The memorial itself was really neat. Entertaining and classy. People were bawling all around me. I didn't. My favorites were Stevie Wonder and Usher. They rocked it! It was cool to be there for that moment in history and to hear personal stories of a man that was so bigger than life. In my opinion, Michael Jackson was the greatest entertainer of all time and I'm sad that his life and creativity were cut short. Mostly I'm sad for his kids. I know what it's like to lose a parent and I can only image how much harder it must be to lose your only parent so young. His daughter was the only one in the memorial who brought me to tears. A big, huge thanks so those of you who watched my kids so that I could go!













10 comments:

Jordyn Perkins said...

That is SO AWESOME!!!!!! What luck! Wow, that would have been pretty amazing.

You really do have some luck girl! :)

Beccarigg said...

Holy cow! I can not believe you were there! I can't believe you won the tickets, and then you flew out there! That is so AWESOME! so spontaneous and just so dang cool. You were part of a HUGE moment in history. wow! Thanks for the pics and the insider info. I'm so glad you got to do that!

Santiago and Emily said...

You have no idea how jealous I am of you! I have been watching the coverage NONSTOP since he died....What an awesome experience for you to have. I'm glad it was a great experience for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that my 300 dollars in tax money we will be asset to help pay for this event went to a family member. I won't feel so sick forking it out when the time comes. Personally John Mayer's solo of Human
Nature was the best of the whole service. Next time you are in town pick up the phone and give us a call.

Melody said...

so so so so so so so coool!

The Brannon Family said...

I am also totally jealous!!! I watched parts of it on TV and just cried and cried! I didn't think I would, but I did. Glad you seized the moment and went for it!

Jen said...

Good for you! That's so fun that you went. I haven't talked to anyone who went. The pictures are fun, thanks for sharing.

Tammy said...

Brooke, I think it's awesome that you got to go... what an amazing experience! And good for you not letting Drew talk you out of it:)

Tilleea said...

wow, lucky duck! I just won't tell Amran, cause he just isn't a fan, mainly because of the child inappropriatness. But i do agree with you that he knew how to rock it. Glad you had fun!

Reggs said...

So fun to read about this again! What a blast we had!! So fun and crazy and enjoyable!!

MJ FOREVER!