Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Random thoughts and our summer adventure (random pictures from this week too)





So we embarked on our annual "move somewhere new for the summer" adventure last week. This year it's Seattle again (or thereabouts.) Actually Andrew has been here for 3 weeks now, but the kids and I stayed behind for a week and a half and then flew out. By the way, never doing that again! Flying with 2 babies by yourself is shear craziness! We are living it up ghetto fabulous style here with plastic dinnerware and everything.(: Somewhere along the line in the last 7 years Andrew and I have been doing this, we have made somewhat of an art form out of making due with as little as possible for May, June, July, and August. We actually live just up the street from the hospital that Parker was born in. I LOVE Washington summers! I also LOVE visitors! Anyone who wants a little vacation is more than welcome to stay with us! So far I already have a few takers, but there's always room for more! Andrew is selling up a storm already. I'm so proud of him! He has what has to be one of the hardest jobs in the world and he's amazing at it. Hmmm, that's all I can think of about the move right now, so here are the random thoughts:

Things that Parker has said to me in the last few days:
-"Mom, lets call grandpa and tell him, "Guess what, it's raining!"
-"Mom look that that bird! It's not a golden eagle, though."
-"Mom, Percy is driving to summer!" (Percy is a train and Parker thinks that summer is a destination, not a season. How do you explain that to a 2 yr old?)
-"Mom, Sadie eats so long!" (He says this as he feeds Sadie yet more dog food even though I've told him not to at least 100 times.)

I wish I could put a video camera on this kid all the time because he says the funniest stuff! He NEVER stops talking! Gotta love him!

Makenna is fascinated with Sadie. She goes nuts everytime she's sees her. Parker is too for that matter. Sadie's hair is driving me crazy. I have threatened to shave her many times in that last week. Makenna has started gurgling a lot in the last few days. It's the cutest sound! Kind of sounds like a pigeon. I'm also wondering if she will ever crawl because she rolls EVERYWHERE. Oh, and she's eight months old now!

Well, that's it. I also just want to say thank you to all you sweethearts who commented on my last post. I love you all so much!

2 comments:

Amber said...

So fun. Parker seems like he makes everyday an interesting one!

Jamie Densley Fieber said...

Ohhhh.... I can't wait for June and July to come so that I get to see you guys on a daily basis:) School's out for tomorrow and I keep telling Adam that I don't know what to do with myself... I can't just go over to your house!! I really think you should video tape Parker and then link them to your blog through blip.tv. Love you and I'm sure I'll talk to you later!