Thursday, May 29, 2008

Funny Pictures and a Funny Story

I just thought I'd post some funny pictures of the kids from this week.
We we on our back porch doing chalk and bubbles and I happened to catch Makenna getting really upset. It looks like she's telling Parker off! I think she was actually just mad at having to be in her activity center when she would rather be on the ground eating the chalk.(:

In these two, Makenna had flipped her little toy box over on herself and she thought it was really funny! I love that in the last one you can see her breath on the plastic!



Now for the funny story... First, you need to know that Parker is my little mimic. He says just about everything I say and in the tone I say it in too. This is mostly referring to how I speak to Andrew and Makenna. So, two nights ago Parker was having a horrible night and wouldn't go to sleep. Finally I let him come in bed with us. This usually works, because he likes sleeping in our bed in theory but not in practice. It doesn't take him too long to ask us to take him back to his bed. I guess he likes his personal space. Anyway, so he and I were in the bed and Andrew pulled the sheets off of us to get them straigtened out. That did not make Parker happy so he gave Andrew a nasty look and said in a stern voice, "ANDREW BARRRRRNES!" I just about peed my pants laughing because Parker said EXACTLY (right down to the look) what I say to Andrew when he's bugging me! It was priceless!(:

7 comments:

J said...

Oh gosh that is an awesome story! I'm sure you'll be re-telling it quite often as he is growing up! Glad things are going so well in Washington!

Janet Stevens said...

Cute pics, Brooke! And great story! You had me laughing, too!

Amber said...

That first pic is classic. You could tell all kinds of stories with that one! It looks like Parker has on this sweet innocent little face, and Makenna is letting us know the REAL truth about the situation.

Love your kids they are just so much fun!

shelli said...

I am just starting to learn that I need to be very careful what I say when Addelyn is around. She is saying more and more everyday, and more and more of what she says came from me first. It makes for good laughs I guess.

Danielle said...

That's great- Andrew can handle it from both of you :)

Reggs said...

HA HA HAHAHHA!!!! Brooke, this is my favorite post of yours. I love the picture. It looks like Makenna snuck up behind Parker and is going to BITE his shoulder!
And the story...oh how funny is that! It really makes you think about what you say around your kids. Piper tells Otis all the time that he's in time out, and she's so disappointed. Makes me feel stellar.

Jamie Densley Fieber said...

Oh how I miss being able to go and spend time at your house.... bacon and parker are so much fun and always create good stories! I'm so excited that we are going to do that bbq for melanoma! I'm sure mom is laughing about your stories just as much as the rest of us do. Love you!