My sister and her husband came out to visit us last week and we had tons of fun. We also got a chance to do some really neat stuff. The first day we went to a place called Northwest Trek. It's like a zoo and nature preserve in one. We took a tram ride around the preserve and saw moose, caribou, bison, and mountain goats. Jamie and I also had serious allergy attacks and spent most of the time rubbing our eyes and sneazing. Parker loved every minute of it. Most of the animals in the zoo part we alseep because it was so hot. Well, hot for Washington. It was probably about 90 degrees. So we didn't get to see many of them doing much, we had a good time anyway. Here are some pictures from the day.
It's sort of hard to see, but there is a cute little fawn in the grass.

Jamie, Adam, Parker, and Makenna

One of the black bears had his leg up on a rock while he was sleeping. I thought it looked kind of funny, so I got a picture.

The bison we saw.

The elk were much bigger than I ever thought they would be. I love how majestic they look.
3 comments:
Beautiful pictures! I know what you mean when you say that the elk look majestic...In Utah once we were driving through the canyon and saw an elk in a pond or river or whatever. It was like we were looking at a picture. It was so...majestic!
I don't think it's quite fair to call it an allergy attack... it was more like a full blown war against nature:) But it was fun to see all of th animals, even if they were asleep! Love you and miss you all
Oh wow that is really cool all the animals you guys saw! Scary, but cool! :)
Post a Comment