Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Parker almost got eaten by a leopard! (:
Ok, not really.(: Last week we took the kids to the zoo. It was kind of spur of the moment because the weather was nice and Parker had been asking to go for a while. So we packed the kids in the car and headed up. The kids loved it! It was great because so many of the animals were very active. It seems like most of the time at the zoo they are all just sleeping. The bears were playing with eachother and we even got to see some baby meerkats! We had a neat encounter with the leopard. While we were watching it, it got up and started pacing back and forth right next to the glass (where we were). Parker started following it as it walked and pretty soon it stopped and started hissing and growling at him! Then it actually jumped up and put its paws up on the glass like it was trying to get at Parker! It did that a couple more times before we figured we'd bothered it long enough and we moved on the to the other animals. Anyway, it was really cool to watch. Definitley one of the best zoo trips I can remember! Thank goodness for protective glass!(:




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy snot!! I would have had a panic attack in that situation. I am almost having one now thinking about it. That experience confirms my fear of cats. I am shocked. Was Parker tramatized?
Wow you are lucky... Every time i have been to the zoo this last year all the animals are asleep! I am glad you had fun!
And I should note: that Parker was not eaten....
Wow, what an exciting zoo trip. We went to a zoo once and at this zoo, you could ride a train around the park to look at the animals. And this lion was lying down and when we passed he got up and started following us. He had this look in his eyes that seemed to say "mmmmm lunch"! It was freaky.
Post a Comment