Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Opera anyone?...


If I had a dime for all the times past neighbors, friends, etc... asked me, "are you still singing?" I'd be rich. It always reminded me that I should be singing, but I have always had excuses (by the names of Parker and Makenna). But, when I got an email from the director of an opera company that I used to sing with saying that they were starting a new show, I decided to take the plunge. Actually, I almost backed out, but Andrew made me go to the first rehearsal. (Thanks honey!) I'm just in the chorus, so I didn't have to commit much time and there was no pressure. Baby steps back into singing, I guess. Doing the show reminded me that I LOVE to sing! Something I think I forgot a few years back. I'm hoping to brush up on my skills and do some more shows with the opera as my kids permit. Now, when people ask me if I'm still singing, I can finally say, "yes!" A special thank you to my wonderfully supportive family members who watched the kids so that I could go to rehearsals and perfomances! We perform tomorrow night and the night after that and it should be a great show.

4 comments:

Janet Stevens said...

Fantastic, Brooke! You have such a beautiful voice! So glad you are sharing it again!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Wish I could have been there to hear you sing....you truly have an amazing voice.

Forredheads said...

I had no idea about this. You need to share with us when you are doing things so that we have a chance to be able to attend. Please let me know.
Renee
P.S. I am sure that I am not the only one in this family that would like to know.
R-