Saturday, June 28, 2008
Updates
It's been a while since I posted so I thought I would give you all an update since I know you have been going crazy wondering what is going on in our lives.(: We are in Utah right now just hanging out and visiting family. Andrew is flying in this afternoon and we are going to his 10 year high school reunion tonight. Thanks to the climate change, the kids and I have colds. Two nights ago I was up all night with them. Poor little guys couldn't sleep and were so miserable. Hopefully we will all be on the mend before our flight Monday. I don't remember if I've already posted this but Parker is potty trained now. He has been for a while. I'm so proud of my big boy! He loves wearing undies (especially his Thomas ones). It's nice to only be changing one bottom now. Nine months was not our magic number for M's eating problems. We were back at the pediatric gastro this week and we are now on a new medication on top of the prevacid. She is still a little underweight, but not bad. The dr. said that he didn't want to do an upper GI scope just yet which was a relief. He also said that we would probably have to work with her eating until she was 2, which was not so much of a relief. I hate that my little baby is on two medications a day already, but the new one seems to already be helping. Please keep M in your prayers that we can get this all worked out. She is right on the verge of crawling. It's so cute when she pulls herself up on her hands and knees and then looks at me like, "what do I do now?" Today was first time she coordinated her hands and her legs for a few seconds. Parker has been loving being back with the family. He is so loved by everyone and I am so grateful for that. We had a family bbq on Wednesday to raise funds for melanoma research and it was great to see everyone that was able to come. Jamie and I are hoping to make it an annual thing so hopefully we can make it a bigger event next year. Thanks to my family for their generous contributions so that hopefully someday we can find a cure or even just effective treament for this horrible disease that took my mom. Thankfullly we kept the bbq inside because it it HOT here! We have only been in WA for a month and a half but we were already used to the cooler more humid weather there. I have spent this vacation feeling like I was melting!(: We will be sad to leave our family, but happy to get back to the lovely 75 degree weather in WA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm excited about the fact that we'll see you about a week after you leave and be in the cooler washington air:). I'm sad that you won't be back until August.. boo hoo.
It was so great to see you both last night! Andrew - super crazy that I've known you my ENTIRE life! It was so fun to catch up. Hope you all get to feeling better, soon! The Washington weather sounds pretty Heavenly...
I'm sorry I mussed the BBQ, maybe next year. So what are you doing up in Washington? The weather sounds great there but it's always hard to leave family. Hope your stay was fun.
Hey there! Sorry we missed you while you were here! Sounds like it was fun :) Next time- we will go to 7 peaks :)
Post a Comment