Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The home stretch!

We are almost to the end of the summer! It really has gone by fast but I am very ready to be home again. Just a few more weeks! Makenna is crawling like a pro now. She is also becoming an expert at finding tiny little specs on the floor and trying to eat them. I don't know how babies can always find the stuff that the vacuum misses. She loves to eat table food too. It's nice to finally see her enjoy eating. Her favorites are bananna, string cheese, and carrots(cooked). Maybe we will be able to plump her up yet.(: Parker is getting excited for his birthday this Saturday. He talks about it all day long now. I am going to attempt to make a dinosaur cake for him. We enrolled him in a little preschool they have in our neighborhood. He will start that when we get back. It's just two days a week for a few hours. I really think he will enjoy making some friends and learn a few new things. We can't wait to be back and be able to spend some time with our family and friends!

Here is one of the three salamanders we found in our apartment IN ONE DAY! Crazy! It's like we are living the nature channel or something.(: We also had a few more visits from our frog again.

We went to a park on Sunday and played with Sadie. Water bottle, YUM!

Parker running after Sadie

Silly baby girl! This is one of my favorite looks! She is so beautiful!

Parker resting on the grass after chasing Sadie around and playing on the playground. Some of his favorite things to do.

5 comments:

Melody said...

Your kids are so adorable. They look like best buds. My little Dagen just started walking a couple weeks ago. These stages are so fun. This summer has flown by for me as well. Still gettin' used to AZ. Miss you guys.

Shelley said...

Ohhhhh, those summers! :) It looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves though. I'm glad you will be going home soon. It feels so good,huh? Your kids are adorable. I miss you a ton. You are such a great friend. It was great talking to you a while back. I'll call you soon so we can catch up again.
Love you!

Amber said...

Your kids are so dang cute. I love seeing Makenna's personality in all the photos

J said...

Can you believe how time flies?!? I'm glad you've had a nice summer in Seattle! We'll be in Utah for Thanksgiving this year...we'll be there for close to a week so we'll definitely have to get together! And I need to call you so we can catch up, it's been way way too long!

Tammy said...

You have got to post a video of Makenna so that we can see her crawl.... at least until we can see it in person. Love you guys!