Friday, August 8, 2008

Random Thoughts

I just had to blog about a few things so this will be pretty random.

Andrew and I got to go on our second date in the last 4 months last night! THANK YOU SARA AND JAKE (for watching the kids)!!! It was so nice to be with my honey and be able to focus just on him. We did the traditional dinner and a movie. I know it's boring, but I'm not one of those people who likes to get creative on dates. The most creative things I think we've done are a Jazz game or bowling. Wahoo! Love you Andrew!

I have been watching American's Got Talent and I have to say that apparently America doesn't have much talent, just a lot of white trash. The truth is that most people with real talent actually already have careers so they don't have to go on desparate reality shows to get a gig. And the judges are just dumb. They have put through a 4 year old girl that sings to the semifinals! What in the world! Yeah, she is cute, but that's not a talent! What on earth were her parent's thinking entering her in the contest in the first place! Stage parents scare me. I'm so glad my parents didn't push me into a singing career when I was young, but just did what they could to nurture my ability. I need to stop watching this show because I get so mad at it. It's so annoying that the more skin you show the more likely you are to get through to the next round. I guess any show with "the Hoff" as a judge and Jerry Springer as the host is going to be pretty white trash, but America's Got Talent really takes it up a notch.

I am most likely going to be making Parker's birthday cake tonight so please cross your fingers for me that it turns out. My mom always made us amazing cakes when we were kids so I'm trying to carry on that tradition. My cake is not going to be nearly as cool as my mom's were, but hopefully Parker will love it.

We found a spider in our house last night that was the size of spiders that you see at the zoo! Scared me to death! It was hairy and everything! What is going to find it's way into our apartment next! I love looking at wildlife, but not in my living room!

No comments: