Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bye, Bye Binkie


That's right, Parker is FINALLY done with the binkie. Yes, I know what you're thinking, he is three and that's way too long to have a binkie.(: I was just really afraid of what might happen when we took it away because Parker LOVED his bink. He really only had it for naps and bedtime, but still it was an essential part of "the routine" for him. We had the "binkie fairy" come and exchange his binkies for some candy and a train. We made a big deal out of what a big boy he was and how cool it was that the binkie fairy was coming. He was pretty excited to find his presents the next day and amazingly has only asked for his binkie once since then. I can't believe that it wasn't more of a fight. I guess he was ready. He is truly a big boy now. Preschool, no bink, and potty trained! Mommy is so proud!

2 comments:

Tilleea said...

Love the new blog layout, and the new pictures of you kiddos are darling!

Wow, this is something to celebrate. Lincoln would never take a pacifier, and he STILL sucks on those fingers. Nothing I try works. Maybe I'll have the dr put a cast on his fingers, so that he can't get to them. ;-)

Lauren said...

Yeah! That picture is so funny, because Makenna is looking at Parker like "Hey, what are you doing with that, shouldn't it be in my mouth?" I love it. Congrats on the potty training. That to me is a bigger feat than the binkie. Some big milestones for little Parker. That is awesome.