That's right, our little Makenna aka Bay, Bacon, the Baconator, BayKenna, princess snuggle, Miss Snuggles-a-lot, etc... turned one last Friday. We had a little party with the grandparents and our siblings (so if you weren't invited, please don't be mad, we just can't fit that many people in our house because our immediate families are so big.) I made her a caterpillar cake that I think turned out pretty cute. It wasn't really hard, but it did take me about 5 hours to make. Being the little princess that she is, Makenna loved all the attention she got!(: A special thank you to our parents, grandparents, and brothers and sisters that were able to come and celebrate with us. I really can't believe that she is already one. She sure gave us a run for our money the first few months of her life, with her colic and reflux, but I'm glad we stuck it out and kept her.(: Most of her eating problems seems to working themselves out now that she is eating table food. She has the sweetest smile you've ever seen and her big blue eyes just melt my heart. She loves to dance and it's hilarious to watch her "rock out" to the music. She loves Sadie! One of the things I love the most about her is that she is such a little snugglebug! Parker was never very snuggly so I'm soaking up all the snuggles I can get. She's already a HUGE flirt! She usually has whoever is sitting behind us in church totally in love with her by the end of sacrament meeting. We love our little girl and feel so lucky to have her! She is my constant reminder that life does go on and that blessings do come even during the most difficult trials. I know that she is a very special girl and that my mother had a hand in her coming to our family. Happy Birthday my sweet Makenna Stephanie Barnes!
Snuggling her new bunny

Cake

Presents

More presents

Still more presents

Love the bunny

Birthday breakfast

We love Aunt Jamie!

Caterpillar cake

Blowing out the candles

Another cake shot
11 comments:
I love your kids too!!! Thanks for always letting us be a part of your lives! You are the best sister ever and wouldn't trade you for anything:)
Happy birthday Makenna. What a cute cake. Where do you get your ideas? I love the cakes you make. So cute. Isn't it crazy how time flies? I'm glad she is eating better and all. Miss you guys
Super cute cake and a super cute girl! Love you little Kenna babes.
Your cake is totally cute Brooke! I love it. I may need to take a class from you when I try to make Crandall's and is stinks :)
That cake is so cute!!!! What a great idea. I can't believe she is ONE already! That just goes to show that it has been WAY too long since I saw you last. Let me know when you get a minute and we'll let our kids run crazy at a park over lunch. :)
Happy Birthday, little Makenna! I love the cake, Brooke! Very cute!
Happy Birthday to Makenna! Do you realize that the last time I saw you, you were pregnant with that cute little girl?! Way too long! I can't believe it's been a year though, time sure flies! PS I love the cake...cute cute cute!
Cute cake, and even cute little girl! Excited to see you this next weekend!
Her cake is SOOO cute! I agree with Lauren, I may need some lessons!
I LOVE her cake Brooke! I haven't checked your blog for a while. Did you move to Utah? Fun for you to be back with family huh? Makenna is honestly ADORABLE. Looks like a great time...
She is such a cute girl. Can you believe that our little girls are one already?! I love the cake! What a cute idea.
Post a Comment