Saturday, April 25, 2009

We went to Zions...and Andrew graduated...and Makenna is adorable.

So, these pictures aren't really in any order and I'm too lazy to put a caption on each pic so I'll just tell you what we've been up to and you can connect the dots with the pictures. We went camping at Zion's National Park this Mon-Wed. with the kids. It was our first real family trip since Makenna was born. We saw deer, lizards, squirrels, and lots of fuzzy caterpillars (those were Parker's favorite). The crazy thing was how not afraid of us all the animals were. Parker fell out of the tent and scratched up his arm pretty bad and spent the rest of the trip telling us about it.(: The first day was great. The kids were having fun and the scenery was just incredible but Andrew and I couldn't sleep that night because we were so uncomfortable. The next night, the wind was howling down the canyon so loudly that we couldn't even sleep even with our newly purchased air mattress (thank you Huricanne walmart...I love walmart). Makenna woke up at about 4am crying because she was cold and scared and of course she woke Parker up. After trying to calm them down for about 45 minutes, we decided to pack it up and check into a hotel. We are now hotel people. I am a wimp and will take a nice air conditioned/heated, comfy bed, and place I can shower hotel over a camp ground any day. This trip pretty much converted Andrew too.

Andrew graduated from BYU this last Friday! I'm so proud of him. I know that he worked so hard to balance being a husband and father, working at his job, and being a student. It's been a long road, but he's finally done! Way to go Andrew!

Makenna is so dang adorable! I know she's my girl and so I'm biased, but she's such a cutie-pants! Today Parker was watching a movie and our bed and Makenna decided to make herself a comfy little spot with our decorative pillows. I love her cheesy grin! That's her patented "Makenna smile". She is talking so much now! She can say light, foot, stop. eyes, ouch, baby, bubble, down, up, etc... We were really starting to worry that she had a speech delay so all these new words are very exciting for her and us. We just love her!







9 comments:

The Brannon Family said...

Congrats to Andrew! You certainly do have a lot on your plate and you have accomplished so much! WAHOO!!!

Parker and Makenna are growing up so fast! Makenna is a doll and gets cuter all the time!

Beccarigg said...

Give our congratulations to Andrew! That is a huge accomplishment for both of you! (It takes just as much work from the wife's part in my opinion ; )

Looks like a fun trip to Zions. We've never taken the kids camping because we love sleep too much! I'm sure if we did we'd end up in a hotel like you guys. Maybe when the kids are older we'll think about it; )

Becky Ahlberg said...

What an exciting time! Congratulations Andrew on your graduation! You balanced all of your responsibilities very well. And McKenna is adorable - and growing up so fast! By the way, I am totally a hotel person too - so I can relate!

idaho amy said...

Way to go, Andrew!!!! What a great accomplishment! And congratulations, Brooke, on your plans to go back to school, too!

You guys do have a cute little family! It looks like Makenna is making up now for all of her screaming and crying the first year!:)

J said...

Way to go Andrew! And congrats to you on getting back into the music program (no surprise to this former roomie though!) Your kids are adorable and I;m glad you had a good time hanging out in Zion.

Janet Stevens said...

Woooohoooo Andrew!!! Congrats!!!!

Jenny said...

Like others have said, Way to go Andrew! That's awesome! I wish Bryant was done with school. How awesome that you got into the music program at BYU too! You have an amazing voice Brooke and I know that you touch others when you sing!!! Oh, and the whole camping thing was very brave of you! I wouldn't take my kids!

Tammy said...

Wish we could have been there for the graduation, it's such a huge accomplishment... Awesome job Drew!
I'm glad you got to have a little family vacation, even though you had a hard couple of nights...

Oh, and Makenna is ADORABLE!

Tammy said...

....If only you could do something about that scream!!!LOL:)